- Health: The disproportionate impact of COVID-19 on young Hispanic Americans — Emergency room visits of all kinds dropped amid the pandemic — NY smart-thermometer network could predict next COVID wave.
- Vaccines: Vermont becomes first state to reach 80% vaccine threshold — Novavax says COVID-19 vaccine was 90% effective in Phase 3 trial — FDA clears 10 million J&J vaccine doses from contaminated Baltimore plant.
- Politics: U.S. to buy 500 million Pfizer doses to share with the world — State Department eases travel advisories for dozens of countries.
- Cities: New York City to host ticker tape parade for essential workers
- World: The G7’s billion-dose pledge, heralded by Biden, doesn’t add up — Boris Johnson extends England’s COVID restrictions to curb variant spread —Moscow orders new restrictions amid surge in COVID-19 cases.
- 🎧 Podcast: Back to normal without herd immunity.
- Variant tracker: Where different strains are spreading.
- Global: Total confirmed cases as of 8 p.m. ET on Monday: 176,189,411 — Total deaths: 3,808,744 — Total vaccine doses administered: 2,370,563,444 — Map
- U.S.: Total confirmed cases as of 8 p.m. ET on Monday: 33,472,371 — Total deaths: 599,961 — Total tests: 450,577,537
What should I do? Axios asked the experts:
- When you can be around others after contracting the coronavirus
- Traveling, asthma, dishes, disinfectants and being contagious
- Masks, lending books and self-isolating
- Exercise, laundry, what counts as soap
- Pets, moving and personal health
- Answers about the virus from Axios experts
- What to know about social distancing
- How to minimize your risk
Download our app and follow the Coronavirus channel to get the latest news.
Editor’s note: Johns Hopkins University stopped reporting U.S. COVID-19 recoveries on its dashboard on Dec. 15, citing a Coronavirus Tracking Project post that explained the national data is incomplete since several states do not keep records of recovered patients. It stopped reporting global recoveries and began reporting doses administered in May.
Droolin’ Dog sniffed out this story and shared it with you.
The Article Was Written/Published By: Axios