A newly unearthed video obtained by CNN shows Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.), then a private citizen, taunting Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) outside of her office in Feb. 2019.
Why it matters: In the since-deleted footage, Greene is accompanied by associated, including a man who later became part of the pro-Trump mob that stormed Capitol Hill on Jan. 6, according to CNN.
- Greene and the people she’s with mock Ocasio-Cortez and her staff for her locked office door.
What they’re saying: “We’re going to go see, we’re going to visit, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. Crazy eyes. Crazy eyes. Nutty. Cortez,” Greene says on camera, mispronouncing her last name.
- In a guest book outside the door of Ocasio-Cortez’s office, Greene writes: “You’re a traitor.”
- “I do not support your socialist policies and I do not support your murderous abortion policies … You need to stop being a baby and stop locking your door and come out and face the American citizens that you serve,” Greene says outside of Ocasio-Cortez’s office, speaking through a mail slot.
- Greene then returns to the guest book to depict a wall. After a break in the video, she encourages people to visit the Capitol and confront lawmakers.
- “If you want to be a big girl, you need to get rid of your diaper and come out and be able to talk to the American citizens.”
The big picture: Greene was stripped from her committee assignments in February over her past endorsement of baseless conspiracy theories and violent rhetoric against Democrats.
Droolin’ Dog sniffed out this story and shared it with you.
The Article Was Written/Published By: Oriana Gonzalez