- Health: Axios-Ipsos poll: 1 in 3 Americans know someone who died from COVID-19 — Axios-Ipsos poll: Biden’s window of opportunity on COVID — Nursing home COVID cases have drastically declined — U.S. death toll tops 500,000.
- Vaccine: Pfizer and Moderna expect to double vaccine shipments by spring — Fast-spreading misinformation on COVID vaccine and infertility worries health experts — Modified vaccines for variants would not require large clinical trials, FDA says.
- Economics: Small businesses say even second round of PPP loans not enough — U.S. growth expectations are going through the roof.
- Local: Denver breaks from Colorado’s vaccine plan — Twin Cities and some Midwest metros fare better economically than rest of U.S. — Federal vaccine distribution arriving in Tampa.
- World: Boris Johnson unveils roadmap to fully reopen England’s economy by June.
- Global: Total confirmed cases as of 2 p.m. ET Tuesday: 111,913,701 — Total deaths: 2,479,672 — Total recoveries: 63,133,922 (no longer includes U.S. recoveries as of Dec. 15) — Map
- U.S.: Total confirmed cases as of 2 p.m. ET Tuesday: 28,212,187 — Total deaths: 501,315 — Total tests: 341,874,832 — Map
What should I do? Axios asked the experts:
- Which states mandate face coverings
- When you can be around others after contracting the coronavirus
- Traveling, asthma, dishes, disinfectants and being contagious
- Masks, lending books and self-isolating
- Exercise, laundry, what counts as soap
- Pets, moving and personal health
- Answers about the virus from Axios experts
- What to know about social distancing
- How to minimize your risk
Subscribe to Mike Allen’s Axios AM to follow our coronavirus coverage each morning from your inbox.
Editor’s note: Johns Hopkins University stopped reporting U.S. COVID-19 recoveries on its dashboard on Dec. 15, citing a Coronavirus Tracking Project post that explained the national data is incomplete since several states do not keep records of recovered patients.
Droolin’ Dog sniffed out this story and shared it with you.
The Article Was Written/Published By: Axios