YouTube has a feature called “Autoplay on Home”, which helps you to easily preview different videos while you browse the Home tab. As you scroll through your Home feed, videos will begin to play on mute with captions auto-enabled. Autoplay on Home will be on as default in the app. This wikiHow will teach you how to disable the “Autoplay on the Home” feature on the YouTube app for Android.
- Launch the “YouTube” app on your Android device. You can find the app in your app drawer. Ensure that your app is up to date. If it’s not, update it from the Play Store.
- Tap on your account icon. It’s located at the top-right corner of the app.
- Tap on . It will be the third option from the last.
- Select the option. You will see this option under the General settings.
- Tap on . A dialog box will pop up on your screen.
- Select the option to disable the feature. When you’re done, YouTube videos won’t autoplay on the Home tab. If you want to turn on the feature again, choose Always on from the Autoplay on Home settings. That’s it!
- You can also use this feature only when connected to Wi-Fi.
- This feature is only available for Android 6 and above.
- See How Much Time You’ve Spent Watching YouTube Videos
- Enable Dark Mode on YouTube on Android
- Activate Incognito Mode on YouTube on Android
- Use YouTube’s Take a Break Feature
Proactive Computing found this story and shared it with you.
The Article Was Written/Published By: