U.S. President Donald Trump still plans to deliver his annual State of the Union address from the Capitol later this month as scheduled, a Trump administration official said on Tuesday as the federal government shutdown stretched into its second month. The White House has sent a request to the House of Representatives’ sergeant at arms seeking a “walk-through” for the Jan. 29 speech, the official said, speaking on condition of anonymity. U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi last week called on Trump to reconsider delivering the president’s annual address before a gathering of both chambers of Congress and other dignitaries given that about one-quarter of the U.S. government has been shuttered since Dec. 22.
Droolin’ Dog sniffed out this story and shared it with you.
The Article Was Written/Published By: